Plant Records Manager
Boston, MA 02130
BS Environmental Horticulture, Washington State University
I manage the Arboretum’s inventory program which includes the assessment, mapping, and labeling of plants in our living collections. I also manage, update, and train others on use of our curated databases.
I regularly teach classes through the Adult Education program and conduct Arboretum and urban landscape tours.
Collaboratively Published Resources
- Living Collections Map Book (annual)
- Inventory of Living Collections. 2012. (pdf)
- Plant Inventory Operations Manual. 2011. (pdf)
- Port, K. A Rugged and Resplendent Rhody. Silva, Spring/Summer 2013: 18. (pdf)
- Port, K. A Leader Among Conifers: A Profile of 2012 Plant Giveaway Offering Thujopsis dolabrata. Silva, Fall/Winter 2012: 10. (pdf)
- Port, K. A Check Up for Our Plants: Japanese Arborvitae Among Storied Plants Inventoried in 2011. Silva, Spring/Summer 2012: 10. (pdf)
- Port, K. 2009. An African Fir Grows in Boston. Arnoldia 66(3): 32. (pdf)