Members of the Friends of the Arnold Arboretum help ensure the future of one of Boston’s most treasured resources. Become a member today to help sustain our magnificent landscape and renowned collection of trees, shrubs, and vines from around the world. Contributors at the highest levels are recognized by annual membership in the Sargent-Olmsted Society.
To join by mail, complete our Printable Membership Form and mail to: The Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University, P.O. Box 419209, Boston, MA 02241-9209.
To receive information about membership in the Friends of the Arnold Arboretum, please email us or call the Membership Department at 617.384.5766.
Basic benefits of annual membership
- Access to the digital edition of Arnoldia, our quarterly magazine of plant science, horticulture, ecology, and history; members at the Contributing level and above have the option to receive a print subscription to Arnoldia*
- Subscription to Silva, our biannual member magazine
- Invitations to members-only events and programs
- Discounts at participating nurseries and garden centers
- Free or discounted admission at North American gardens and arboreta participating in the reciprocal gardens program of the American Horticultural Society
- Arnold Arboretum automobile decal
Basic benefits for 1 person, with access to the digital edition of Arnoldia
Basic benefits for 2 people in one household, plus the option to receive a one-year subscription to the print edition of Arnoldia
Contributing level benefits, plus the option to receive Arbor Day Seedling
Sustaining level benefits, plus priority registration for select programs
Sponsor level benefits, plus invitation to one special Benefactor event
Sponsor level benefits, plus invitations to two special Benefactor events
*Subscriptions to the print edition of Arnoldia are available to members at the Contributing level and above, and the value of this benefit for tax purposes is $20. The remainder of your gift is tax-deductible.
Friends who contribute annually at a major level are invited to join our Sargent-Olmsted Society.