The Arnold Arboretum landscape remains open to the public. The Hunnewell Building and Visitor Center at 125 Arborway will be closed to the public until further notice. All in-person public programs have been canceled.
To everyone in the extended community of the Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University, we want to assure you we are monitoring the coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) emergency in close coordination with officials at Harvard University and the City of Boston. Our first priority is to protect the health and safety of all who enter our gates, while continuing to cultivate and share our world-class collections and landscape as the growing season begins. We appreciate your patience, assistance, and cooperation as we navigate the challenges of this difficult time together. Plants and nature are transformative, and enjoying their benefits carries the responsibility of respecting the health and safety of all.
Enjoy nature while protecting yourself and our community
- The Arboretum landscape remains free and open daily from dawn to dusk.
- Please consider avoiding the following hours of peak visitation, 4pm-7pm on weekdays and 2pm-7pm on weekends. Before your visit, you may monitor current visitation rates by checking the “Popular Times” section of the Arboretum’s Google Maps page. Scroll down to see a graph with live data compared to typical visitation rates.
- We strongly recommend that all Arboretum visitors wear a mask or cloth face covering in addition to maintaining a social distance of at least six to ten feet at all times. This is in accordance with guidance from the Center for Disease Control. Help keep yourself and others safe!
- Please carry out any trash you bring in or generate. Thank you for your assistance in helping to keep the Arboretum clean during this time of reduced staffing.
- The Hunnewell Building and Visitor Center at 125 Arborway in Boston is closed until further notice in compliance with public health guidelines set by Harvard University.
- To ensure the safety of visitors, all public restroom facilities have been closed.
- If you require assistance while on the grounds, please call the Arnold Arboretum Ambassadors (857.268.3185).
- All in-person public programs have been canceled. Check our website for exciting virtual offerings.
The Harvard University COVID-19 website includes recommended guidelines for protecting yourself and others from COVID-19 and other viral illnesses.