The Arnold Arboretum landscape remains open to the public. The Hunnewell Building and Visitor Center at 125 Arborway are open to the public from noon–4pm, Friday through Monday. Before visiting the Hunnewell Building, please review our COVID-19 safety guidelines below.
We assure the extended Arnold Arboretum community that we continue to gauge our coronavirus emergency response in close coordination with officials at Harvard University and the City of Boston. Our first priority is to protect the health and safety of all who enter our gates, while continuing our mission-directed work to cultivate and share our world-class collections and landscape. We appreciate your patience, assistance, and cooperation as we navigate this difficult time together. Plants and nature are transformative, and enjoying their benefits carries the responsibility of respecting the health and safety of all in our landscape.
Enjoy nature while protecting yourself and our community
- The Arboretum landscape remains free and open daily from dawn to dusk.
- The Hunnewell Building and Visitor Center at 125 Arborway are open to the public from noon–4pm, Friday through Monday. Please observe the following guidelines when visiting the Hunnewell Building:
- Masking is recommended for general visitation and may be required to participate in indoor events. Disposable masks are available for free at the Hunnewell Building Entrance.
- Please observe posted occupancy limits for indoor spaces.
- No eating or drinking is permitted indoors with the exception of our drinking fountain.
- Please practice good hygiene by covering coughs and sneezes. Hand sanitizer is available at the building entrance.
- To help protect visitors and staff, we ask that you stay home if you are unwell or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you require assistance while on the grounds, please call the Arnold Arboretum Ambassadors (857.268.3185).
The Harvard University COVID-19 website includes recommended guidelines for protecting yourself and others from COVID-19 and other viral illnesses.
Due to updated guidelines for face coverings, the Arboretum is committed to creating an environment where individual choices are respected. Please join us in ensuring that respect and consideration are extended to all visitors.