Email inquiries about laboratory and growth facility access to the Director of Research Facilitation.
Individuals interested in reserving specific instruments for use must have record of training for the equipment requested. Individuals must complete and be current on their annual renewal for EH&S Laboratory Safety training and any additional trainings pertinent to their research before working in the Weld Hill Research Building. For example, use of the confocal microscope requires safety training for lasers or laser microscopes in addition to general lab safety training.
Use of certain machines requires the completion of Online Scheduling applications as a matter of policy. New users should follow the registration instructions below; current account holders can login to Online Reservations.
Instructions for Online Scheduling
- Go to Online Reservations and select “Click here to register.”
- Please submit an email address as your login name and a password. The email and password do not need to reflect your AA credentials.
- Under “Institution” please list your department and lab (e.g., AA-Smith Lab; Visitor-Smith Lab; OEB-Jones Lab).
- DO NOT change the time zone listed.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon successful registration from “phpScheduleIt.” (You may need to check your quarantine folder if this confirmation is blocked by your email program’s control settings.)
- Once registered, you will be approved to reserve time on the instruments that you have been trained to use.
To make a reservation:
- Login to Online Reservations.
- Under “My Quick Links” select “Bookings.”
- At the top of the page, in the “View Schedule” dropdown menu, select the desired schedule (“Labs” or “Growth Chambers”). “Labs” is the default schedule.
- Once the schedule is loaded, click on the instrument’s name at the beginning of the day you wish to reserve. In the pop-up window, fill in and save the start and end times.
- Once you have submitted your reservation, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Growth chamber reservations require approval before being final.
To modify or delete a reservation:
- Login to Online Reservations.
- On the “My Control Panel” page, locate “My Reservations.” Click “Modify” or “Delete” for the reservation you wish to change.
- Make the desired changes in the pop-up window and click “Save” for modifications or “Delete” for deletions.
- Once you have submitted your changes, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Only sign-up for time you intend to use.
- If you cannot use a reservation, you must release your time on the reservation calendar. Please do so before the allotted time and as soon as is practicable.
- If you miss your reservation and do not cancel, your slot will be freed for other users after 20 minutes.
- Please handle all equipment carefully and clean up after use to help maintain operational integrity.
- If a device is not working properly or if something breaks (lamp, objective, software), please bring this to the attention of the AA staff.
- The AA staff is available to help you; please request assistance if you have any questions.
Growth Facilities Etiquette and Policies
- Prior to reserving a growth chamber through online registration, please contact the Plant Growth Facilities Manager for approval.
- Only sign-up for timed slots that you intend to use. Reservations can be made months in advance, allowing long-term planning and efficient and shared use of the chambers. Please do not hold space by filling up a chambers with unneeded or dead plants.
- If your plans change, please adjust the reservation as soon as possible.
- Please do NOT move plants between the greenhouse and growth chambers without receiving permission from the Plant Growth Facilities Manager.
- Please clean up after yourself and help to maintain the proper working order of the equipment.
- If a device is not working properly or if something breaks (lamp, cooling, heating), please bring this to the attention of the AA staff.
- If you have questions about the equipment or growth conditions please ask AA staff for help.