Access to the laboratory and growth facility requires permission from the Director of Research Facilitation (email).
Individuals interested in reserving specific instruments for use must have record of training for the equipment requested. Individuals must complete and be current on their annual renewal for EH&S Laboratory Safety training and any additional trainings pertinent to their research before working in the Weld Hill Research Building. For example, use of the confocal microscope requires safety training for lasers or laser microscopes in addition to general lab safety training.
Use of certain machines requires the completion of Online Scheduling applications as a matter of policy. New users should follow the registration instructions below; current account holders can login to Online Reservations.
Instructions for Online Scheduling
- Go to Online Reservations and select “Click here to register.”
- Please submit an email address as your login name and a password. The email and password do not need to reflect your AA credentials.
- Under “Institution” please list your department and lab (e.g., AA-Smith Lab; Visitor-Smith Lab; OEB-Jones Lab).
- DO NOT change the time zone listed.
- You will receive a confirmation email upon successful registration from “phpScheduleIt.” (You may need to check your quarantine folder if this confirmation is blocked by your email program’s control settings.)
- Once registered, you will be approved to reserve time on the instruments that you have been trained to use.
To make a reservation:
- Login to Online Reservations.
- Under “My Quick Links” select “Bookings.”
- At the top of the page, in the “View Schedule” dropdown menu, select the desired schedule. “Labs” is the default schedule.
- Once the schedule is loaded, click on the day and time you wish to book for the specific instrument. In the pop-up window, fill in and save the start and end times. You will only be able to reserve time for equipment you have been given approval to use.
- Once you have submitted your reservation, you will receive a confirmation email.
To modify or delete a reservation:
- Login to Online Reservations.
- On the “My Control Panel” page, locate “My Reservations.” Click “Modify” or “Delete” for the reservation you wish to change.
- Make the desired changes in the pop-up window and click “Save” for modifications or “Delete” for deletions.
- Once you have submitted your changes, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Only sign-up for time you intend to use.
- If you cannot use a reservation, you must release your time on the reservation calendar. Please do so before the allotted time and as soon as is practicable.
- If you miss your reservation and do not cancel, your slot will be freed for other users after 20 minutes.
- Please handle all equipment carefully and clean up after use to help maintain operational integrity.
- Always clean up after yourself.
- If a device is not working properly or if something breaks (lamp, objective, software), please bring this to the attention of the AA staff.
- The AA staff is available to help you; please request assistance if you have any questions.